Available Full-Time Positions
Assistant Police Chief
Develops and implements departmental goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for the office and divisions assigned. Assists in developing the departmental budget and provides administrative guidance for the control of budget expenditures. Represents the police department at meetings, conferences, and other public functions. Directs the preparation of a variety of records and reports relating to office activities.Reviews and evaluates reports submitted by subordinate personnel. Evaluates and modifies, as required, programs, activities, policies, procedures, rules, orders, and regulations to ensure compliance with the city's and department's mission, goals, and objectives and general law. Designs, coordinates, and implements community organization and mobilization efforts to achieve the department's mission, goals, and objectives. Designs and implements technical and administrative methods of crime prevention, juvenile delinquency control, law enforcement, and related functions, including investigation and identification, patrol, traffic control, and safety. Identifies and resolves difficult public and human relations problems. Reviews and directs the department's fiscal, equipment, and human resources activities and services. Reviews investigations of officer and/or staff misconduct within the office and divisions assigned, and makes disciplinary action recommendations to the chief of police. Coordinates law enforcement activities with activities of other departments and law enforcement agencies. Acts as spokesperson for the police department to the media as directed. Assumes command of the police department in the absence of the chief. Participates in professional organizations and on a variety of boards, commissions, and committees. Prepares, reviews, and presents reports and other necessary correspondence.
A successful candidate must have experience in law enforcement and certification by the KLETC. This job requires the employee to work rotating shifts that include nights, weekends, and holidays.The exempt position salary ranges from $68,640 – $92,664. Applicant must have seven to 10 years experience and a bachelors degree from an accredited university. Certified law enforcement applicants must not have any Brady/Giglio material in background to be eligible for hiring.
The purpose of the position is to complete a variety of service, construction and / or maintenance tasks which result in or contribute to the comfort, convenience, health, or safety of all citizens. This is accomplished by constructing or maintaining streets, alleyways, sidewalks or similar areas; maintaining medians and rights of way; mowing, trimming and edging; or completing equipment maintenance. Other duties include related tasks which contribute to the upkeep and care of buildings, facilities, grounds, streets, alleys or utility services, or other municipal properties.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Street Maintenance Services
• Repairs streets, alleys and sidewalks by removing portions of streets and alleys; patching and repairing surfaces; rebuilding shoulders; reconditioning materials; removing materials from rights of way; and operating equipment.
• Repairs and maintains drainage structures such as culverts, storm sewers, catch basins, head walls and appurtenances.
• Ensures site safety by directing traffic flow; placing and removing traffic cones; placing and removing barricades; and routing traffic as appropriate.
• Maintains drivable streets and alleyways by sweeping streets and removing debris; removing downed trees and other large objects; hauling and placing sand on roads; and ensuring proper drainage.
• Completes signage projects by maintaining and reporting inventories; ordering or developing new signs; delivering signs to areas; and placing signage in assigned spots.
• Ability to operate an asphalt roller, a rubber tired backhoe, skid loader, or other rubber tire loaders, and flatbed dump trucks in transporting personnel, materials, and supplies place to place as well as performs ice control and snow plowing/removal activities. Operates tractors for mowing operations and may use small lawn tractors or self-propelled deck mowers and weed eating type mowers.
• Maintains vehicles by checking fluids; stocking vehicles with equipment, materials, and supplies; and reporting maintenance or repairs.
• Note: A Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of employment is required for this position. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the termination of employment.
A successful candidate must have a minimum of one year of maintenance experience is required. This position requires a valid Driver’s License. Governmental experience is preferred. Salary range is $31,636.80 to $42,702.40 annually and is a non-exempt position. No City residency required. Application deadline: Open until filled.
Complete our online application and upload your cover letter and resume
Send completed application, cover letter, and resume to: Human Resources
City of Spring Hill
401 N. Madison
P.O. Box 424
Spring Hill, KS 66083-0424